Quick & easy hand made poppies & New Stampin Up Spring/Summer Catalogue 2012

Today is the last day for ordering from the Stampin' Up! Autumn/Winter catalogue which offered some gorgeous Autumn, Harvest, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Hannukah, Christmas & Valentines crafting goodies.

That's because as of tomorrow (!!) we will have the delectable new Spring/Summer catalogue to dip into!

I've had a sneak preview of the new products and they are just divine so look out for projects and photos coming soon!

However, to pay respectful homage to the retiring Autum/Winter catalogue I thought I would let you see a couple of cards I made using the Perfectly Preserved stamp set & matching Framelits Dies. I was a bit lazy and they are  all the same style of card as the birthdays are in 3 consecutive days, one was made for my Mother as she adores poppies and the other for my sister in law and mother in law - such a simple style which can be adapted to suit the recipients favourite colours :)

Here they are ...



The first card is made using basic black, real red & whisper white card layered with a few basic pearls & antique brads to finish. The jar image is from perfectly preserved stamp set as are the flower stems. The jar is stamped in chocolate chip and the stems in old olive. The card to make the flowers was crimped first to separate the layers, then scrunched and punched using the Blossom punch. They are affixed using stamping dimensionals to give extra height. The sentiment is from the Happiest Birthday wishes set which has sadly retired now as well.

The second card is made with one of my favourite colour combinations of crumb cake, pool party & melon mambo and the multicolour flowers from left to right use melon mambo, perfect plum, daffodil delight as well as crumb cake and pool party. The flowers are fixed again with a mix of antique brads & some glimmer brads. The ribbon bow to finish off is so saffron which I am looking forward to using more of in my forthcoming Easter crafting.

I hope you like them and the bonus is they only took about 15 mins each to make ;)

Will be back soon with new projects from the Spring/Summer catalogue ...