Decorated kraft gift box with filter paper flowers

Morning blog friends, only 2 days to go to the big day itself :) so today I have a little treat box to show you (actually it's destined for one of my daughters for Valentines Day to hide a little mix of choccie treats in so heres hoping they don't peek over my shoulder whilst I'm uploading the photos!



Using a SU kraft box which is a really neat size for cookies, sweeties, jewellery and other ickle treasures, I simply covered it with baja breeze cardstock and then added a second layer of the More Amore paper. I've gone a little hearts crazy with this gorgeous paper but if a girl can't be all hearted out in February when can she be?!

 I then added a simple layered flower made with the blossom punch and the new creped filter paper from the Spring/Summer catalogue fixed with  retired brad in the centre and then daubed the edges with raspberry ripple and baja breeze inks using the sponge daubers to give a little coordinated colour to the petals.




To finish it off I added a row of basic pearls, they didn't look this unstraight in real life! 




For the sentiment I used my favourite set of the moment again .. Just the Ticket in raspberry ripple and the ticket builder duo punch  - here's a close up so you can appreciate the detail of the little heart ...
















The background paper is also from the More Amore designer series paper stack and is sooo cute that I am using it on another project I have for you later this week :)

That's all for today, the girls are home from school on half term and want to play out in the snow, I of course have warmer and craftier things on my mind but compromise is the name of our home game! Todays project used :-



  • Kraft boxes - pack of 4  124106 £2.75 9 x 9 x 6.4cm
  • Baja breeze card stock 116207 £6.25 for 24 x A4 sheets
  • More Amore designer series paper 129309 £11.50 for 10 double sided 12"x12" sheets
  • That's the ticket stamp set 128072 (w) £20.95, 128075 (c) £16.95 
  • Duo ticket builder punch 126883 £15.50
  • Raspberry ripple ink pad 126859 £4.95
  • Basic pearls 119247 £4.50 for 150
  • Creped Filter paper 129393 £2.75 12 sheets



See you soon