Owl card using Stampin up owl punch & woodgrain embossing folder

Good morning crafty friends, just popping by with a quick card today en route to a birthday party - this card's destined for one of my daughter's friends who is (at present) very taken with owls :) 

However I did have a little bit more motivation to create it as it is also my entry to two challenges today - 






And here's the card ..... aren't those owls just cute peeping out from the tree?


The first challenge required me to copy the sketch template and the second challenge requires the use of three of the 2012-2014 In Colours - Midnight Muse, Primrose Petals and Summer Starfruit - which I found the Patio Party designer series paper just perfect for as they contain all three colours (what a lazy crafter I am ;) ) 



Armed with my trusty Owl Punch, I simply punched three owls out of the DSP and then using the bird punch I cut the bird and the leaves to complete the challenges. The chocolate chip tree trunk is embossed using the wood grain textured impressions embossing folder, the sentiment is stamped with one of the For my Family sentiment stamps and then punched out using the Ticket builder punch. 








The tiny bunting in the corner was also cut (very carefully!) from the Patio Party paper - all in all this card took about 10 minutes (thankfully as we were short on time as usual!) and proves it is usually quicker to make your own card than to pop out and buy one (and of course being able to personalise it to the recipient when making your own is just an added bonus!). 







Anyway, here's the rest of the Patio Party paper pack - such pretty summery colours!  
 The woodgrain textured embossing folder was originally from the Autumn/Winter catalogue which has now sadly retired - however, the embossing folder made it into the Spring/Summer catalogue - a reprieve!




To finish off, for the gift wrapping I used plain brown wrapping paper and then scattered more owls over it and accessorised with a matching owl tag :)


If you've liked todays card and have found you caannot live without any of the products featured today then please drop me a line to lisa.barton@hotmail.co.uk, otherwise leaving me a comment would be lovely! 


For todays 'peepo' card I used:


Patio Party DSP 126916 £9.95 12 x 12"x12" double sided sheets

Owl builder punch 118074 £15.50
Summer starfruit card stock 127542 £6.25 for 24 x A4 sheets
Chocolate chip cardstock 108599 £6.25 for 24 x A4 sheets
Bird builder punch 117191 £15.50 
For my family stamp set 124403 (w) £31.95, 124405 (c) £25.95   
Ticket builder punch 126883 £15.50
Black ink 126980 £4.95 

Bye for now!