Silhouette aperture card using Stampin Up supplies

Good morning readers and despite the grey skies I'm optimistic that the sunshine will be making an appearance today despite the weather reports that the snow is back on its way :( Those poor little snowdrops, crocuses and daffodils that ventured out recently will be shivering and wishing they hadn't bothered!

Anyhow, on to today's creations, I have been looking to venture into new territory and to try out more clean and simple cards and paper crafts, oh I am such a lover of shabby chic & vintage (hence the name!) but recognise it's not everyone's cup of tea. 

So here's my first project attempting a cleaner style (I know I know it has a shabby ribbon but I'm trying!!


I was inspired to make this card in response to two of this weeks challenges ... 





Once I had found my mojo, this card came together quite easily, using pool party cardstock (124391 £6.25 for 24 sheets) run through the big shot using the scallop circle bigz die 113468 £16.95, patio party designer series paper 126916 £9.95 and the gorgeous paper doilies in the Spring/Summer catalogue 129399 £2.75 for 24. 

The bunny silhouette was traced out and then cut using pool party card; I was in two minds whether to emboss or not. What do you think? Could it have done with some crystal effects at least? But maybe not ;) Anyway, here are the gorgeous papers and doilies ... 


And of course not forgetting the bow in Pool Party seam binding ribbon :) 125582 £6.25 for 9.1m



I hope you're enjoying your weekend and have managed to fit in some crafting time, before we know it, it will be Monday morning again!

See you again soon,


/