Clean & Simple Stampin Up Summer Silhouettes stamps

Hi there! The day has started well here in Vintage Towers - I discovered I was the monthly winner over at Fresh Brewed Designs challenge blog, nothing like a win to put a spring in the step even if the state of the weather has declined again :(

Anyway, onto the task in hand - today's card is my attempt at Clean and Simple - for some reason I find it reeaally difficult to create clean and simple - I know its only putting ink to paper but I do love my emblies and layers!

However the Summer Silhouettes stamp set is so stunning and stylish in it's simplicity that I didn't feel it needed anything extra - so here it is......



I've chosen so saffron, certainly celery & pacific point as my colours -  the shaped strip stamp reminded me of chicken wire and 'no entry' barriers to flower filled pastures - wild flowers can often be found growing up such barriers to me representing courage in the face of adversity. 

Now I've created this card I think I am starting to understand clean and simple a little more (I won't let you in on the secret that this card actually took four attempts before it looked clean and simple enough ;))


The summer silhouettes set (w 126445 £21.95, c 126447 £17.95) is fantastic value for money as it contains nine(!) separate stamps and the possibilities of using them all is seemingly endless at the moment! 

Lots of lovely layering and embossing is calling to me and I am sure I will be returning to this set again and again - watch this space!



Like to make this project? Full instructions for creating this card can be purchased either by PDF instructions only via email for £1.50 or by supplies kit with PDF instructions for £4 which includes UK p&p charges - please email me at lisa.barton@hotmail.co.ukto make your purchase. Alternatively, if you'd like to order a catalogue to see the full range of Stampin Up! products used to make this project please email or leave a comment below for me. Or you could always consider buying this stamp set through joining my monthly stash builder club to budget monthly and turn your wish list dreams into reality?

See you again soon - back to the girly frills tomorrow ;)