Gold embossed vintage style Bon Voyage tag card with rolled ribbon flowers

Hi there and welcome back, hope you had a great weekend and managed to fit a little craftiness in - after all, that's what weekends are for isn't it? ;)

Here's a little something I created for a friend who's taking a well earned break from normal homelife and is heading off to Paris for a few days with her husband; her children are holidaying in Rome with family so they're taking advantage of the long overdue time alone ;)


Stampin Up! Postage Due card

I've been seeing a lot of these tag style cards at the moment and thought I needed to be 'en vogue' too! I've used the Postage Due stamp set ((w) 126395 £19.95, (c) 126397 £15.95) stamped onto very vanilla cardstock (106550 £6.25) which I hand cut into a tag shape then embossed using the heat tool (129054 £25.95) and early expresso embossing powder (128980 £3.95). 

It took me ages to venture into embossing on cards and now I have mastered this technique I use it lots. The button is a vintage faceted button (127555 £5.50) threaded with linen thread (104199 £3.95) .



The base of the card is the early expresso (121686 £6.25)  with a layer of crumb cake cardstock (121685 £6.25). I then stitched the crochet ribbon (118481 £6.25) into ruffles and then overlaid a Fan Fair paper series banner which as its a travel themed paper series seemed perfect for the job (126918 £9.95)

Stampin Up! Fan Fair designer series paper


The flowers were hand rolled using the lace trim from the Artisan Embellishments kit, natural trim ribbon (129287 £6.25) and some left over tulle from the Autumn/Winter catalogue. These were finished with basic pearls and were assembled onto the Jumbo Sticky rounds (127852 £4.50). 



For the sentiment, I used the totally adorable Simply Serif Mini Alphabet stamps (126360£18.95), stamped them in chocolate chip ink (126979 £4.95) and then punched them with the square postage style stamp in the Little Labels Punch pack (126881 £15.50) 


I thought it was a very French themed card for a French foray! If I have inspired you in any way today with this card please leave me a little note - I love to receive feedback from my readers - it's very much appreciated! 


To order any of the Stampin Up! products featured in my post today please drop me a line at lisa.barton@hotmail.co.uk and I can advise, assist and order for you. 

Want to make this project? Full instructions for creating this card can be purchased either by PDF instructions only via email  cost £1.50 or by PDF instructions & supplies kit for £4 which includes UK p&p charges - please email me at lisa.barton@hotmail.co.uk for purchase information :) Alternatively, if you'd like to order a catalogue to see the full range of Stampin Up! products please get in touch!

In the meantime, au revoir mes amies a demain!