How to make a paper suitcase featuring The Open Sea stamps from Stampin Up

Hi again, hope you liked yesterdays caribbean cruise Open Sea card? 

Have some great news this morning, I have been presented with the "Featured Artisan" spot over at Paper Craft Crew for my Botanical Birthday Butterflies card I created a few weeks ago. I am now sporting a new blog badge over on the left hand side bar :)

Well back to the crafting ... here's the gift that I promised you for today! I made a crafty little cruise (suit) case out of crumb cake & calypso coral cardstock (how many more c's can i get in that sentence!) - here's a link to the tutorial I used - thanks Malissa! ... 



I carried on the tattered banner effect, colour scheme and embossing from the yesterdays card for coordination. The case was made from one sheet of crumb cake A4 cardstock and was pretty simple once I'd worked out how! Leave me a comment if you'd like a tutorial. The banners were made from torn pool party cardstock and fan fair designer series paper.

The case was covered in calypso coral cardstock sponged with crumb cake to soften the edges. I stamped with the Letter It stamp set (w122840 £39.95, c 122842 £31.95) in pool party ink then fussy cut the letters out to spell CRUISE. 


I used the Open Sea stamp set (w123030 £23.95, c 123032 £18.95) for the globe image which I heat embossed in white and then stamped the compass image in calypso coral to make a tag (the tag shape was cut with one of the Apothecary Accents framelits (127003 20.95) a delightful selection of vintage style label shapes - look out for more tomorrow on the matching gift project!) 



Linen thread ties the tag onto the handles of the case which are fixed with some calypso coral designer brads. I've used the anchor stamp as the case locking enclosure.


The brass button is from the Artisan Embellishments kit and the sentiment is from the Elements of Style stamp set and white embossed again.


And here's the case opened up to reveal it's treasures ..




Lol, you'll just have to pop back tomorrow too see what goes inside! 


Have a great day!