Masculine card using Stampin Up Need for speed & parkers patterns

Hello! I hope you're ready for something different today - not my usual style, colours, layout or anything! However, it's good to challenge myself from time to time - let me know if you think I've done a half decent job or not!

Today's card is for my brothers birthday later this week ... owning any one of these Need for Speed vehicles would suit him well as he tries to recapture his long lost youth ;), fingers crossed for a lottery win for him for his birthday this week then!



I started with basic grey (121689 £6.25) as my card and layered it with real red (106578 £6.25); I love this combination and feel it's really strong and masculine. 

I deliberated over colouring in the Need for Speed images (w 122715 £17.95, c £122717 £13.95) but decided they were bold enough stamped in basic grey (126981 £4.95) to stand on their own two feet without any highlighting - do you agree? 

 

Here's a closeup - all the stamps in this set have such amazing detail :)

I've finally broken the seal on my Parkers Patterns designer series papers (why has it taken so long??!!) and chose the bright multi coloured zig zags and diamonds patterns to complement the background card colours. 


I've cut the papers into banners (got to love banners for using up scraps) and secured them with a "manly" button from my left over stash from last years Autumn/Winter catalogue. Cherry cobbler bakers twine (123125 £2.50) completed the embellishments (just one embellishment today! Do you feel cheated? ;))

The sentiment is from the For My Family set (w 124403 £31.95, c 124405 £25.95), one of my most used sets as it's perfect for personalisation :)
So that concludes today's card - please feel free to leave a comment it means so much to have inspired someone out there in blogland! Todays challenges entered are Cas-ology - Travel, Outlawz - colour challenge with make it masculine twist, Paper minutes - chevrons, Gingerloft - for the guys, Sunday stamper - squares, Aud Sentiments - for a guy, It's all about the vintage - travel, CAS colours & sketches - sketch . Ooh not many "male" challenges out there are there!

Want to make this project? Full instructions for creating this card can be purchased either by PDF instructions only via email  cost £1.50 or by PDF instructions & supplies kit for £4 which includes UK p&p charges - please email me at lisa.barton@hotmail.co.uk for purchase information :) Alternatively, if you'd like to order a catalogue to see the full range of Stampin Up! products please get in touch!

If you'd like any of the products I've featured today then please get in touch & drop me a line at lisa.barton@hotmail.co.uk and I would be happy to order them for you. Be sure to also check out the Stampin Up! starter kit information too - for just £99 you get to choose £125 of products from current catalogues and can then claim a whopping 20% off future product orders - no obligations, no pressure and you can stop whenever you want to.



See you again tomorrow with a CAS (clean and simple) card