Masculine Open Sea card

Hello! Hope you had a great weekend and are raring to go for another week? Did you know its only 36 weeks 'til Christmas ;)

I have a friend who is embarking on a trip of a lifetime Caribbean cruise later this week (!!) and I thought a little note & gift would be appropriate to remind her of home and all those who love her. 

The Open Sea stamp set with its ship and sailing paraphenalia seemed the most appropriate but when researching my card I only found it mostly created with blues, greys and browns - and although these are lovely colours (aren't all Stampin Up colours lovely?), they are hardly the most cheerful and bright of the Stampin Up! colour palette! 

So in true caribbean style, I stamped my set in calypso coral, pool party and crumb cake - hot, vibrant & carnival colours for an exciting & exhilarating trip (we hope!)



Do you like my little easel? Seemed far less bother than creating watermarks for copyrighting all my photos and the embellishment will change according to the mood I'm in ;)

The card base is crumb cake (121685 £6.25) overlayed with whisper white which I've sponge daubed pool party (126982 £4.95) around the edges. I've torn some calypso coral cardstock (124392 £6.25) to create a tattered edge border and then I've stamped in pool party ink over Fan Fair designer series paper (126918 £9.95) as I wanted to create a ships log effect on notepaper. 



The globe stamp has been stamped in calyposo coral and then clear embossed to make it pop. Pool party torn cardstock (124391 £6.25) makes the banner which is embellished with linen thread (104199 £3.95) and an arrow from the cute clips set (129389 £4.50 for 24 assorted shapes). 



The compass is stamped in calypso coral and the happy day sentiment from the Friendly phrases set (w 126149 £16.95, c 126151 £13.95) is stamped in soft suede. Finally the card is splattered in pool party with the colour spritzer tool (107066 £10.95)


I've also created a little gift bag and gift to match this card - please come back tomorrow to take a look ;)


Have a good day!