Party invitations using Stampin Up dress up stamps

Hello - the weekend is here again, yippee! We're expecting a rise in temperature here in England so are pulling the BBQ out of hibernation and making the most of the sunshine, albeit temporarily we're told.

My offering for today was inspired when asked to make party invitations for a friends daughter who is on the cusp of "teenagerdom". She wanted something girly, cute, fun but a little more "grown up" in style. Despite being in my *0's I like to pride myself of being in touch with youth (does anyone else's head not feel a day older than 17? ;)) so this is what I came up with - simple & stylish ...



At first glance, the Dress Up stamp set (w 127317 £21.95, c 127319 £17.95) seemed to be aimed at younger girls but the more I look at & play with it the more I can see potential for all ages. 

To show its versatility and potential, I've made some party favours as well as some tags which I'll be sharing with you over the next few days. This is what I love about Stampin Up products - the more you use them the more ideas you have about different ways to use them - terrific value for money if you can create a whole suite of products from one stamp set!

The colour scheme was inspired by this weeks challenge over at Colour Q and suggested sophistication to me so it was perfect for this invitation brief. 

Here's a closer look  ..



The flower was punched from two pieces of basic gray cardstock with the blossom punch and then crimped to seperate the flowers into 4 layers which I spritzed with vanilla smooch spray to enable me to scrunch the flower more effectively. The spray leaves a lovely shimmer as well - added value!



I've secured it with a little brad in pink pirouette from the subtles brads (119738 £5.75) and then punched two tags with the duo builder punch (126883 £15.50). The sentiment is stamped using the wand stamp from the set which I have used to double as a banner with the mini serif alphabet stamps (126360 £18.95 - I did warn you these would be well used!) punched with the little flower punch in the Itty Bitty shapes punch pack (118309 £15.50) overlaying the wand. 



I did toy with putting "You're Invited" as the sentiment but I wanted the invite to double as a keepsake for the party guests - in a few weeks time after the party pop back and see what I plan to do with them involving the peekaboo frames - can you guess?


Like to make this project? Full instructions for creating this card can be purchased either by PDF instructions only by email for £1.50 or supplies kit & printed instructions for £4 which includes UK only p&p charges - please email me at lisa.barton@hotmail.co.uk to make your purchase. Alternatively, if you'd like to order a catalogue to see the full range of Stampin Up! products used to make this project please email, call/text or leave a comment below for me!

Be back tomorrow with the rest of the party goodies!