Stampin Up print poetry paper mini scrapbook page & Peppa Pig cake!

Hello and hope you are enjoying your day. Today is a special day here at Vintage Towers as it's my youngest daughters birthday - 2 today! Happy birthday my darling Ellie :)

To commemorate the day I have scrapbooked one of her latest photos; I do this every year on my girls birthday eve (luckily they are each a few months apart to give me enough time - that said I have a PILE of wedding and holiday photos that are calling me to be scrapped before the images fade ;))

Anyway, this is for Ellie's special day today ....



I loved the sepia tones of the photograph and picked the Print Poetry designer series paper (129312 £6.25) with it's ready made pages of mini frames to capture her beauty. Crumb cake matches perfectly with her clothing and the Midnight Muse reflects the colour of her eyes so this paper was an obvious choice. I started off by clear powder heat embossing using the heat tool over the whole frame to make the colour of the frame pop against the spotted background.

I've layered the paper onto some midnight muse cardstock (127546 £6.25) to frame it and underneath the photo I sponged crumb cake ink (126975 £4.95) onto some scraps of Artisan Embellishment kit lace (129328 £8.95) to soften one of the frame edges. 


These crumb cake flowers were fussy cut from another of the Print Poetry papers - I'll be using what's left of that piece on a scraps and banners project in the near future so look out for these again soon!



These little tags were created using the natural trim ribbon (129287 £6.25) and then stamped on with Tiny Tags (w 118091 £20.95, c 118592 £16.95) in soft suede ink (126978 £4.95). They are fixed with an antique brad (117273 £5.50) and a scrap of crochet trim (118481 £6.25).


Ellie's name was stamped in Simply Serif mini alphabet stamps (126360 £18.95)  in soft suede and then punched out with one of the cute little punches in the little labels punch pack (126881 £15.50) which fitted the letters perfectly. These are fast becoming my go to set of punches so expect to see them again! I sponged the edges very lightly with crumb cake and then finished with a teeny tiny pearl. The letters are adhered to another scrap piece of crochet trim - waste not, want not!

I then hand rolled a crumb cake card flower and then took a moment, sat back and enjoyed the memories of the first two years this little bundle of gorgeousness has brought us :) 

This little gem is my entry for Emerald Fairies challenge #43 recipe, Bearly mine - anything goes, scrap creations - flowers, ladybug crafts - for a child, party time tuesdays - anything but a card, top tip tuesday - include a girl, everybody art - sketch, papertake weekly - bingo (lace, free, blooms), try stampin on tuesday #113 - sketch, tuesday morning sketches #193, nacho average challenge NAC#41.

Want to make this project? Full instructions for creating this card can be purchased either by PDF instructions only via email  cost £1.50 or by PDF instructions & supplies kit for £4 which includes UK p&p charges - please email me at lisa.barton@hotmail.co.uk for purchase information :) Alternatively, if you'd like to order a catalogue to see the full range of Stampin Up! products please get in touch!

Later today we will be having  little party with Peppa Pig paraphenalia everywhere; here's a quick peek at the cake I've made her ..





Peppa Pig and Dora the Explorer are de rigeur at the moment, however secretly I'm quite an admirer of Peppas moral code and Dora's gung ho spirit - not bad role models for today's little ladies and lads I hope!

Will be back tomorrow, where we will be getting all masculine for another family birthday ;) 

See you soon