Using the Stampin Up scallop envelope die on cards

Good morning readers, hope you had a lovely Easter Sunday and are getting the opportunity to relax for one more day today :) April Fools Day today - hope you don't have too many fools played on you! 

We have had a little sunshine here over the last couple of days and with the clocks having gone forward to British Summer Time my thoughts keep turning to Spring and it's cheery blooms, balmy days, refreshing rains and soft breezes (who am I kidding - I'm in England!) . This card was inspired by such thoughts and is full of spring cheer ...



I've used the scallop envelope die with the Natural Composition papers which have lovely glossy embossed designs on the craft paper. The card base is Summer Starfruit and the overlay is Tea for Two designer series paper.




 

I popped some natural ribbon stamped with a couple of the stippled blossoms stamps to bling it up a bit - it's perfect for stamping on, especially for sentiments! The scallop edge punch was used under the ribbon and ties in nicely with the ripped corner of the Tea for Two paper. 



The blossom party die was dusted down for the flowers and finished with subtles buttons in so saffron - one of my favourite colours of all time. I gave a little movement to the flower petals curling them around my bone folder - not just for creases and scoring! 




I've paid a visit to these challenge blogs and popped this card in as my entry this week :) 613 Avenue Create - flowers, Challenges for Everybody #17 Anything Goes, Creative Inspirations Paint - Anything Goes, Gingerloft Challenge - GL Kraft Paper, One stitch at a time #157 Spring, Corrosive Challenge #171 Spring Fling, Sunday Sketch & Stamp #150,  Di's  Digi Designs Flower Frenzy, My Sheri Crafts #107 Spring has Sprung

Until tomorrow!