Bleach technique using Stampin Up By the Seashore stamps

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside  ... don't we all? Where I live we are totally landlocked and several hours away from the nearest coast :( 

But that doesn't stop me creating my own little mini beach scene in my craft room ;)




Today's card uses the bleach technique - take some bleach, pour it onto some paper towels/cotton wool etc and then stamp with it! So cool! I've used the starfish from By the Seashore (w 126530 £20.95, c 126532 £16.95) and stamped a border onto Basic Grey cardstock and then dabbed the corner of the paper towel all over the card to bleach a little more - my bleach marks remind me of Nemo, the Clownfish ;)

I've distressed some pumpkin pie cardstock using the Stampin Sanding System (129367 £3.75) which gives those lovely curled over torn edges to cardstock for a great distressed look. I've overlaid Whisper White stamped with Pumpkin Pie and sanded again. I then sponge daubed the edges with crumb cake ink. 


The sentiment was stamped using the Simply Serif  mini alphabet (126360 £18.95) stamped in basic gray and then cut into little squares sponged with crumb cake. 


Stampin Sanding System - 4 faces of different fine & very fine grain. 


See you tomorrow with a cute fabric project!