Flowerpot card using Stampin Up blossom party die

Today I'd like to show you how I use up my scrap pieces of paper - I plant them! This cute little flowerpot card is an adaptation of one I previously made here. I've changed it by using ribbon to keep the card together as opposed to glueing it. 



For this card, I've used Cajun Craze cardstock for the terracotta pot which was scored and folded over to make a flap. The front of the flap was punched with the scallop border trim. I then trimmed the square pot equally on both sides on the diagonal to create the pot shape.

I decorated the "pot" front & back with More Amore designer series paper and the slipped a smaller piece of Cajun Craze overlaid white whisper white into the "pot" and cut to size.



 I stamped the sentiment from Feel Goods in Baja Breeze and then secured it to the cajun craze piece and slipped it inside the pot. Using the Blossom Party Die I made lots of flower layers using small scrap pieces from a wide variety of the designer series papers that coordinated with the More Amore papers. Once die cut these were layered on top of each other with dimensionals and then the edges were slightly curled up. I finished the flowers with a subtles button with twine threaded through. 




These flowers were glued to the cajun craze/whisper white sentiment card and some leaves cut in Gumball Green using the Bigz Autumn Accents die completed the card. The ribbon is Baja Breeze taffeta and the tags are from Tiny Tags secured with a tiny silver brad.

I'm popping this card into Art Impressions - show your bow, Cute Card Thursday #270 - tie it up, Allsorts #208 - happy birthday, Crafting when we can #45 - punches & dies, Eclectic Ellapu - handmade flowers, That Craft Place - dies & punches.

That's all from me today folks, the girls are riding today so lots to pack! Back tomorrow :)