Umbrella shaped treat box using Stampin Up sunshine & sprinkles paper

Hello and welcome to the weekend! Here's a project I made a few weeks ago when the weather wasn't anywhere as glorious as it has been the last few days - fingers crossed for a sunny May bank holiday on Monday - will be the first nice bank holiday weather this country has seen for a while!

Here it is ...



I got so fed up of watching the rain through my craft room window that it seemed fun to make a pretty umberella treat box to bring some sunshine! I hand drew the umberella and then cut if from cardstock, covering it with some Sunshine & Sprinkles paper.

I wasn't at all keen on this paper at first in the Spring/Summer catalogue but like most SU products it has really grown on me with use! I made a pact with myself this year to try out all the papers even if they didn't appeal at first - and how I shouldn't have judged the book by its cover! (Don't worry though Fan Fair paper, you're still my #1 ;) ) It was only whilst cutting it to treat my Stampin Stash Club members to some samples that I started to become fond of it. 

I used my paper piercing pack again to create the stitch lines then hand stitched the seams with some blue stash thread. The flowers were cut with the Big Shot using the Blossom Party die with Storytime, Print Poetry and Floral District papers. The little bow was made with the fork technique which my Sunday Stampers fortnightly club members will be finetuning this weekend! 




I hand made a little treat tray box with pool party cardstock and then adhered the umberella to the front. I then repeated all of the above to make the back, but in reverse! 

I filled the little box with some ribbon spools in cellophane; they made a sweet little treat for my customer orders last month :)



Swinging by the following challenges with my April Showers project - 613 Avenue Create- anything goes, Challenges for Everybody-anything goes, Make my Monday - not a card, Cheerful Stamp pad - April showers, Crafty Cardmakers - April Showers, Pretty little ribbon - Spring, There she goes- April showers, Loves Rubber stamps - April showers, Oldie but a goldie - April showers, Pinspirational - photo inspiration, Creative Belli #168 - spring, Rhedd & Rosie - stitching, CRAFT - stitching, Cupcake craft challenges - all at sea (water & whales), Our daily bread - needle it (stitching).

Back tomorrow with some pretty pink gorgeousness - Stay tuned!