Patriotic sports using circle punches as apertures

Before we look at today's project it's the last day to order from the Spring/Summer catalogue over on the left hand side bar of my blog - so if there's anything you would like then please drop me a line by 6pm GMT today!!

It's a big sports weekend over here in the UK with the Silverstone Grand Prix and the tennis at Wimbledon hotting up after so many top seeded players crashed out last week. So with the opening stages of the Tour de France this weekend as well it was inevitable that a sports themed card was order of the day!



I've gone for patriotic red white & blue in support of all the British athletes we have competing globally this week and also because the country is gearing up to welcome a new Royal baby soon! Exciting times!


I've used Pacific Point as my background card which I embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder run through the Big Shot. I then punched some Real Red cardstock with my large 2.5" circle punch and paper pierced the circles around the edges with the my paper piercing pack


I then masked off the parts of the Postage Due stamp set that I didnt need and then stamped the bicycle in Real Red onto a circle of whisper white card. the patterned paper is from the Parkers Patterns dsp which will be retiring today! The sentiment is stamped in Pacific Point from the Bring on the Cake stamp set and the cute little arrow clip is part of the new Essentials Hardware Clips set which are in the new catalogue out in 2 days time!!.

 Postage Due w 132064 £19.95, c 126397 £15.95; Parkers Patterns dsp 131021 £9.95

Bring on the Cake w 128490 £34.95, c 121958 £27.95;  Perfect Polka dots embossing folder 117335 £7.50

Running this card into Cards for Men #13 - lets get sporty, CAS colours & sketches #31 - sketch, Sweet stampin - not cute, My time to craft #228 - masking

I cannot believe it will be the 1st July tomorrow - some on summer sunshine where are you? 

See you tomorrow with a pretty girly flowery project :)