Watercolour vintage style Stampin Up rose

I should have called this post Technique Thursday - for today I have created a card using the faux watercolouring technique - come and see how ...


My base card layers are in melon mambo, pretty in pink and whisper white and after distressing the last 2 layers I stamped them with the patterned chevron stamp coloured in pretty in pink. 

I then picked up the little rose from the Oh Hello set and I coloured that stamp in using stampin write markers in wild wasabi and melon mambo and then before stamping with them sprayed the stamp with vanilla smooch spritz (you could just use water if you prefer but i like the sparkle effect in the smooch spray).



And then stamp away! The ink runs a little and is patchier than would normally be but I think the effect it gives is lovely, hence the sentiment from the Lovely Little Labels set!


 

I finished off by colour spritzing the card with melon mambo marker and then wrapped and bowed the card with some bakers twine.




Hope you've had a great weeks so far - 1 more day to go then it's the weekend!!