Party invites with Stampin Up sketched birthday

This weeks challenge over at Rubys Rainbow is Layer it Up and at Crafty Cardmakers it's birthday - so as I was creating daughter #2's party invitations I thought I'd use these themes as my creative inspiration. 

Here's the result ..



As the invites are for girls and boys alike, I thought I'd better not just stick to pink and girly! Taped in cellophane to the back of the invite were some colouring pencils for a bit of summer holiday colouring fun :)


My background card was melon mambo and I stamped all over it with balloon and party hat images from the Sketched Birthday set - making your own unique stamped backgrounds is great fun!

The next 2 layers of tags were cut from Island Indigo and Confetti Cream card and shaped with the corner rounder punch - such a little punch but so useful to add that little bit of extra detail onto a project. 



Lastly the sentiments were stamped, punched with coordinating Stampin Up punches and then layered using stampin dimensionals for a pop effect. The tags were tied with some Raspberry Ripple stitched grosgrain ribbon and some gingham garden washi tape made into ribbon for a contrast.


Sketched birthday w 130423 £21.95, c 130426 £17.95
Corner punch 119871 £6.25

Today they hit the post box and my daughters will eagerly await the replies - problem is with a mid August birthday we know that lots of children will be away so we always invite double numbers - have never considered what I would do if they all arrived on the day ;)

As always, if you’d like to purchase any of the products featured or would like a catalogue please drop me a line at lisa.barton@hotmail.co.uk or leave me a comment and I will get in touch. Don't forget you can get 20% off catalogue prices if you join me in Stampin Up - more information can be found here.

And if you never want to miss an update - just pop your email address into the Daily updates by email box top right - you'll get an email every time I update my blog with fresh ideas and inspiration :)

See you at the weekend for some sweetie treats :)