Handmade Autumn Fall wreath using brown packaging paper, burlap & ribbon + handmade flowers video tutorial



Today's project shows how versatile scraps can be and how they can be used for all sorts of home decoration and accessories. My handmade seasonal wreath can be re-decorated in accordance with the time of year using whateveer materials you have to hand. My inspiration came from the picture on the front cover of the September issue of Country Living magazine.


I started with a flat back polystyrene wreath and wound strips of burlap around the wreath overlapping each piece slightly so there were no gaps. I then handmade six different styles of flowers using different techniques – see my YouTube video below for a step by step tutorial where I walk you through how to make all 6 different styles of handmade paper and fabric flowers featured on my wreath.



I used Autumnal themed paper, burlap, neutral seam binding, natural cotton strips and even the brown paper packaging that my craft products are delivered in! 

I die cut the assorted leaves using a gold/champagne colour glimmer paper which just adds a little bit of glamour and bling!

  
I also made a little goodie bag using the muslin bags – I can’t get enough of these and am using them for party bags, gift bags, treat bags, Christmas advent countdown bags as well as even storing some of my own possessions in them – stamped with what’s inside of course! 

I hope you’ve enjoyed my Autumn inspired projects & thanks for dropping by!