How to make a tealight birthday box card & gift

I know I said we were looking at 14 super quick & easy Halloween projects but I had to make a quick card for one of Izzys friends birthdays so thought I would just pop it in as you could easily adapt it for Halloween & Christmas! .. here's what I came up with ....





Clever huh? Super quick & super easy too ;)

Simply take an LED tealight, cover the white base with patterned paper (I used Blushing Bride designer series paper stack and some Champagne glimmer paper), punch a scallop circle shape and fit over the candle "wick" and a larger scallop circle that can be attached to the base (but removeable to be able to switch it on as well!!)


Here's the box I made to pop it into, all tagged and bowed up. The tags are made with the Thats the ticket stamp set and punched with the Duo ticket builder punch. The card is Strawberry Slush and the box was custom made to fit the candle - I came across a fabulous website that can give you cutting templates for thousands of box, envelope, bags, milk carton, cones, shadow boxes etc sizes - just pop in the dimensions of the gift you want to box up and hey presto the website works out the dimensions and cutting template for you! 


 

A cute mini card to accompany the candle gift with a sentiment from the Bring on the Cake stamp set coloured with write markers and trimmed with Strawberry Slush ruffle ribbon to match the card on the box.


Here's the complete ensemble ..


And finally, the lit tealight birthday box! How pretty is that?


And here are some gift packaging tags ideas to accompany it using the blossom party die, autumn accents die, tea party doilies, crochet trim & the typeset alphabet letter & number dies ..


Don't forget you can shop for any of the products I've used today in my online shop here ..


Hope you have fun making these great little gifts - more Halloween crafts tomorrow!




Check out my Pinterest Board!


Check out things I love on Pinterest!