Owl party favour gift bags, owl washi pegs & owl cake

Hello & welcome to October! Today I am sharing Lily's owl party favour gift bags complete with owl washi peg and owl cake! Lily turned 11 last week and wanted an owl themed party so thanks to the Stampin Up owl punch I got creating!  Over the next few days I'll be sharing what was in her owl theme party bags but for today here are the bags ...




I used inexpensive, plain white paper bags from Ebay and dressed them up using tea doilies, scraps of Sweater Weather designer series paper as banners and the tags were stamped with Cycle Celebrations stamps. I chose the lovely combination of Soft Sky & Crushed Curry to reflect the Sweater Weather paper (and because it's one of my favourite colour combinations - do you have one?)

 

The owl was punched using the fabulous owl builder punch which has all the component body parts to make the cute little owl; the peg was covered with Gingham Garden washi tape.


And here's her owl cake - the brief was a leopard print owl - do you think I managed that? ;)


The wings were made with leaf shape cutters and overlapped and the cake was pale pink inside :)

 

If you'd like any of the products featured today then click below for my online shop ..


 See you tomorrow for a peek at the party bag contents - all handmade of course!!