Vintage style altered tins

Another recycling project today - using old mint sweet tins!


I had 3 old mint sweet & gum tins hanging around just begging for a makeover ;) I've used Epic Day This and That designer series paper to cover them which was heavily antiquaited (ie sponged) with soft suede & smokey slate inks and then stamped with En Francais & Everything Eleanor stamps.


Natural trim  ribbon was transformed into a ribbon flower with pearl centre and Simply Pressed Clay mixed with Strawberry slush re-inker to colour it made the little flower embellisment. I wrapped Victoria crochet trim and linen thread around the tins and secured with vintage trinkets.


An offcut of burlap trim, heavily frayed and secured with an antique brad completed the third tin.


If you'd like to purchase any of the products I used in my project today, pop over to my online shop and search for:

  • Epic Day This and That designer series paper code 130814
  • Linen thread 104199
  • Natural trim 129287
  • Crochet trim 118481
  • Simply press clay & flower mould 130685/131272
  • Strawberry Slush re-inker 131167
  • Burlap ribbon 132140
  • Antique brads117273
  • Soft suede and smoky slate ink pads 126978/131179



Like what you see? Please leave me a comment & if you have a blog, I'll pop over and have a look around too! To never miss a project, you can sign up for daily emails by popping your email address into the box top left :). Have a great day!

Lisa