Vintage style stamped Christmas advent muslin gift bags

Are you making your own advent countdown calendar this year? Here's a sneak peek at mine ..


Keeping in my vintage style, my advent bags have a grunge-y shabby look to them :) Or plain dirty to some ;) These cute mini muslin bags are sold by Stampin Up in packs of 8 so you'd only need a few packs to create a countdown calendar to last a lifetime :) And of course, next year you could redecorate them, add embellishments etc - a work in progress depending on your design style that year and a great family hand me down & tradition :)


I've used Morning Post stamps for the numbers & stamped using Stazon black ink for extra staying power - don't forget to put a piece of card inside the bag when stamping or it may impress on the other side as well! Victoria crochet trim is stitched through the bags to add some glamour and prettiness :)


If you'd like to get your hands on some of these lovely mini muslin bags click below for my online store and search for mini muslin bags code 132180 and for the stamps, search for Morning Post numbers code 131841 (there's even a 15% saving if you buy the bags and the stamps together!)


Here's a few other shabby chic style advent calendars I came across on my web travels that I love (click on them to see more ) ...

    

That peg calendar looks like something I could make based on my past peg crafting projects! How times have changed - this was the type of calendar I had as a child...


 I plan on filling the bags with sugar mice, candy canes, giant snowflakes, chocolate coins, hair pins, little figures and other trinkets that little girls are so fond of - what do you fill your countdown calendar bags with?

Lisa