Christmas stampin up simply pressed clay pastel rose blossom necklace tutorial

Ooh you liked the washi tape headband & bracelet makeover didn't you! Thank you for all your lovely comments - they mean a lot to me when you take the time to get in touch :) and I look forward to hearing from more of you - please don't be shy!

Here's another pretty little project for you which would make a fabulous Christmas gift ...


Using Stampin Up's simply pressed clay (this product has really grown on me!) and the blossoms mould I simply mixed a few drops of strawberry slush, baked brown sugar & coastal cabana re-inker into the clay and kneaded until the colour was evenly spread. You can also pop a little glitter in at this stage if you like!

I think these colours look lovely and frosty for a pale pastel christmas & remind me of my wedding day colour pallete of pale mink, pink & duck egg blue :) You can mix the clay with any of your favourite colours - why not make some custom colour jewellery to match your christmas outfits?


Pop the clay into the mould making sure that the clay overlaps the mould a little for ease of removal - you can also dust a little cornflour into the mould before the clay goes in to stop it sticking :) 


Before the clay air-drys insert a small metal prong into the back of each blossom to clip the chain links on to. I've just used some standard necklace links and a silver chain purchased inexpensively from Ebay.

Take a peek at this quick Stampin Up video showing how to use Simply Pressed Clay ..




My 2nd eldest daughter offered to model the necklace for me so all you lovely readers could see how it hangs - she is so excited to be featured here & is already showing crafty prowess at just 6 :)


If you'd like to find some Simply pressed clay & moulds (just £6.25 a pack & £7.25 for 2 molds) in your Christmas stocking this year then simply pop over to my online shop to purchase or drop a hint to your loved ones that a Stampin Up gift voucher in any denomination from me is on your wish list this year!

 


More of my handmade Christmas jewellery gift ideas for you include ... 
See you tomorrow for some mini treat baskets :)
Lisa