Stampin Up UK sweet sorbet sale-a-bration decorated wooden bird box

I've said before that nothing escapes decoration here at Vintage Towers. And our bird box is no exception - well you've got to entice them back in haven't you! For all we know they too might read Country Boxes & Living ;)

I started out with an old wooden bird box that I found in a back of a cupboard that I had previously decoupaged but no longer liked it ;) Using the new Sale-a-bration sweet sorbet paper I covered all faces with it.



I've used soft sky taffeta ribbon on the edges to soften them and then cut lots of Top Note die shapes, distressed them around the edges before layering them over each other to create the roof tiles.



Some coordinating butterfly punch shapes in matching cardstock (got to love Stampin Up for coordinating card, inks, papers & embellishments so well!) and finishing off the perch and entrance hole with more punched scallop circle shapes.



To finish off, I hand made some rolled paper flowers using more Sweet Sorbet paper - I was very sceptical when I first received the paper pack about the black pattern but I think it works really well now! The flowers were finished with knots of coloured twine from the Sweet Sorbet accessory pack.

Have you had a look through the new Stampin Up spring/summer catalogue yet? If not - here it is in PDF format - don't forget for every £45 you spend you'll choose one or more Sale-a-bration free products too!

 





Lisa